BLUEBERRY PICKING SESSION AVAILABLE 23/1/21 9.30am - 12.30pm. Please read info below and click on the booking link to proceed. (we have a few nectarines and lots of plums to pick also but these will need to ripen at home) If there are any left after this session
we will promote another session for next week.Thanks Jaime
Our major harvest season is now finished.
During January we have some fruit available for our booked vacation care groups to pick. Should there be any excess fruit we will promote visits via booking but these
will have very limited spaces.
The next MAJOR harvest will be our tomatoes starting late March.
the bottom of this page there is a short video with harvest timings. This year we will have a few apples to pick but as they are still young there wont be much.
take the time to read EVERYTHING on this page. I recieve many messages a day and am finding it difficult to respond as well as work (I pick and pack, serve, take bookings, do honey bottling/deliveries, staff rosters, ordering and bookwork ), Mum (and
sleep sometimes. Ha Ha!!). Most of the questions are answered here. Don't hesitate to text message 0419688039 if you can't find an answer here though. I will respond ASAP. I can't listen to voice messages so please text instead. We need you to be aware of
our rules prior to your visit so you know how it all works. Please read all signage on arrival also. Thankyou for your understanding. Jaime...
I have now removed the commenting on the website please email email@example.com
or text 0419688039
if you need more information.
Bookings for special occasions, large groups (over 20) or tour groups can be made via text or email. We only have a small amount of berries this year.
vary if there is an extreme circumstance but our standard pricing is
ENTRY Adult $5, Child (5-15) $3, under 5 free
$6/kg for stone fruit,
$6/kg for tomatoes and eggplant
$10/kg Strawberries and
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE EVERYTHING YOU PICK.
We ask that you respect our orchard, although we understand you wish to taste the fruit we ask that you taste only one, ( NO STRAWBERRY
TASTING PERMITTED AS THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH). The rest you are required to purchase. We dont want to see our fruit which is only on the trees once a year all over the ground and wasted. Please understand that this is once a year income for us and if you
are caught disrespecting the orchard we do have the right to ask you to leave. We also want you to be aware that if you pick in an undesignated area and the fruit is immature you will be charged $20/kg. We know many cultures like green plums and small green
nectarines but if these were to be full size then they would weigh 4 times as much so we will charge more. Our major season only lasts 10 weeks max a year and we require the income to survive till the next one. We appreciate your understanding on this. We
don't like to post this sort of thing although we work hard all year to produce the fruit and it is very heart breaking for us to see it droppped all over the orchard or picked at a tiny size or unripe without prermission from owners. If you dont want to buy
it please dont pick it. Ifyou are not told you can pick it on that day then it is not ready.
This is an ALL WEATHER event. Please dress to the conditions and bring spare shoes in wet weather.
We appreciate you all adapting so well to the booking system this year. It's been a challenge but in these times we needed to do what is best for everyone's safety.
Thank you and we
hope to see soon
Jaime and the Canoelands team
COVID INFO BELOW
- Tractor rides are unavailable until further notice for your safety.
- Entry $5 Adult, $3 child (5-15),
under 5 free or family 2 adults and 2 or more kids $16
- We supply environmently friendly picking bags on entry (@ a fee of $1 each during sales) but we also encourage you to BYO bags and containers.
- Animal food is available for purchase. Please do not feed any animals on the farm anything else! We don't want them to get sick.
DOGS, we love dogs here but we ask that you don't bring your dog to the farm. We have our own dogs (one who has been previously attacked and does not cope well with other dogs), some of our customers are very scared of dogs and our alpacas get quite
- distressed when random dogs show up. Thanks for your understanding.
COVID_19 Due to the current Health Regulations we have amended our operational rules. We insist you comply for your own health and the health of other patrons and staff.
(Persimmon, limes, lemons and Tamarillo are now sold out for the year)
- Cash or card available although Card payment is preferred.
- PLease wear a mask while inside the shop/cafe and toilets. Masks are not required while outside.
- TELSTRA ONLY SERVICE. You
will not get service here with any other provider so please be prepared.
- Wash your hands often. We have a sink AT THE REAR of the shop with soap for your convenience.
- Our cafe will have tea, barista coffee, milkshakes, cold drinks, toasties, wraps and pies available, only limited seats available in the cafe but you are welcome to find somewhere to sit out of the shop. (in quieter times
just toasties and noodle cups to eat)
- Respect social distancing. Remain 1.5m from other patrons at all times. We are outdoors with lots of space to make this possible.
- We are allowing picnics but expect all patrons to follow COVID rules. We appreciate if you bring your own rugs or chairs.
- If you think you are unwell please do
We will be keeping all high traffic areas (e.g. toilets,
counters and hand washing sink) cleaned and sanitized regularly.
There is plenty
of room on farm. We appreciate your understanding during these trying times.
well and we hope to see you soon
The Canoelands Orchard Team
ADDRESS: 27-29 CANOELANDS ROAD CANOELANDS NSW 2157